Saturday, August 14, 2010

This meteor shower is a sham.

Well my friends, the summer is over. I am sitting at my mom's house and I will not be returning to NRH in the foreseeable future. Right now, I could not be happier that I am home.

My first night back was spent hanging out with Ben (shocking, I know). I ate dinner at his house and we hung out there until his niece broke the recommended decibel level for humans to hear before she went to bed. Then we got ice cream and went to look for a place to watch the meteor shower in Harrah. The usual place we all used to go look at stars (I really like doing that - weird... perhaps) is now closed at night and the rest of Harrah is filled with womens correctional facilities and rednecks with shotguns. So, back to Ben's neighborhood we went. An hour later, still no shooting stars. Lots of mosquitos, though. The same thing happened last night when we went to the middle of nowhere Norman to see them. Tons of mosquitos, no shooting stars. Don't get me wrong, I still had fun, but all I wanted was a single meteor. I think i'm going to try it again by myself tonight. I am determined.

I also got to pretend to be a hipster at Big Truck Tacos with some friends. It was good! You should check it out... they even have a cows tongue taco. I'm serious. It was sold out. The only way I would try that would be to get tricked into it. Which I feel like Kailee might try to do.... I'm on the lookout.

Ben and I also went to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World after the taco adventure. I'm really glad that this scenario doesn't always happen in real life. I would have some crazy people to deal with. It was a pretty good movie regardless. I might have enjoyed it a tad more were I a nerd, though. One of my favorite parts of this trip to the movies was the crowd. I love theaters full of nerds. The preview for the new M. Night Shaymalan movie came on, and at the sheer sight of his name. the nerds were laughing. The best quote was "the secret is... there IS NO ELEVATOR". Be it comic book nerds, Harry Potter nerds, or even the ridiculous Twilight nerds, I love it.

In summation, it's been really nice to be at home with my friends and family. I've gotten to see a lot of the people that I love, and soon i'll be at OC and the rest will show up. I'm ready to just move in to school. The whole learning, homework, 8:00 classes thing can wait though. By the way, your welcome for every link ever in this post. That's my replacement for no fun pictures.

- Steph

EDIT: My sister got a new puppy! I took a picture of it (she has no name, I can say it) and I can share that so this post is not boring.

It's a baby german shepherd! I call her Olga.
This is how she sleeps... which is all she does.


No comments:

Post a Comment