Saturday, August 7, 2010

You're gonna need a storage unit for your lock box.



Wow.
This week was crazy.

Monday was one of the longest days i've had in a long time.

I was, at one point, sort of homeless at a Subway, with everything I own in the back of my car, which was leaking transmission fluid. I wasn't sure how bad the car thing was until I sent Ben a text about it, and immediately got a call about it while he was on a mission trip... never a good sign. But it was very nice of him to make sure I was ok even though he was busy.

Don't worry, the car is fine now. And I am no longer homeless.
I'm staying with Jason and Cori for the remainder of my time in NRH (roughly 5 days). It's definitely a change from a house with no kids to a house with 2. But I love these kids, so it's totally ok.
Sometimes i'll just start asking the 2 year old questions to see which answer she'll give me. Usually she is stuck on a string of "yesh" or just "no" over and over, so asking "is this chair blue" followed by "is this chair red" can often get confusing answers.

I have watched more Nick Jr. than I ever imagined possible. But I have seen the girl on tv who supposably looks like me... I don't see it.
Marina from the Fresh Beat Band. According to the website, her favorite colors are teal and purple. So maybe we could hang.

Marina on the show... she's the drummer (PS this picture of me was a joke)
She's apparently a country singer in real life? This picture of me was halloween, so that's why it's strange.


Well I got bored and that picture hunt killed some time. Judge me. One of the kids I lived with last summer (whom I would adopt if given the chance) thought I moved away from their house to be on tv when he saw this show. Weird.

Perhaps one day i'll be walking through the airport and hear whispers of those who have confused me with this superstar. Maybe kids will even ask me to drum!

I have totally drifted away from whatever I intended this post to be about.
We had the girls sleepover last night, and I maybe got 4 solid hours of snoozing in, so you'll have to forgive my scatteredness.

As the summer is coming to an end, i'm finding myself more and more ready to be at home. I miss everyone. I miss Oklahoma. And everyone being in Oklahoma. Very soon, though, that will not be a problem anymore! Woo!

Next week will probably go a little something like this:
Sunday - Church and hang out.
Monday - Office work then Ben will stop in on his way to Oklahoma for a visit to Ikea!
Tuesday - Office work followed by a Ranger game against the Yankees.
Wednesday - Office goodbye followed by preparation for then the end of summer party (me getting thrown in the pool while still in my clothes).
Thursday - Pack up and head out. Then Oklahoma!

It can't be much crazier than this week was, though. I hope...

- Steph

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, another trip to IKEA! I'm jealous. On vacation we were driving somewhere and I saw an IKEA and said, "There's an IKEA!" but because I had headphones in, my family claimed it was more like, "THERE'S AN IKEA!!!!!" and that I burst their eardrums. Either way, I'd say my reaction was appropriate.

    ReplyDelete