Monday, June 7, 2010

(Ir)rational Fears.

Looks as if I made it through the weekend without a boredom post!
Don't worry too much though, you're getting one now.

I'm trying to remember what I DID in fact do this weekend, but i'm sort of drawing a blank completely on Friday [if that's any indication to you of how it went]. 

Saturday was pretty full; I helped my boss and his family move more things [which, come to think is also what I did on Friday I think...?] and then I babysat his two daughters during a wedding.

Despite my well publicized and, I believe, completely valid fear of the entire process of having children, I really do like kids. And i'm not as awkward around them as you probably think I am. I just get nervous when I feel like people around me are judging my future parenting skills [or when I feel like the childs parent is worried i'm going to mess up their baby]. 

Maybe I should just call this post ridiculous fears. You'll know before I do.

Anyway, we played Cinderella first. The older sister chose to be the princess, and she informed her younger sister she would be one of the "mices," but of COURSE she could be a girl. What a nice sister. Then again, I used to play pet shop and make Brittany be my dog, but I wanted a boy dog sooo... Spot Partridge, the boy dog she was [Our pretend last name was always Partridge. Or Crabtree]. Cinderella went to McDonalds and ordered 100 happy meals, and then we pretend watched Alvin and the Chipmunks Easter Movie [They wanted to watch The Chipmunks Squeakquel but they don't have that movie - I think the pretend concept isn't fully grasped yet] while the fairy godmother cleaned up toys.

When I finished cleaning up, I sat down to "watch the movie." Then, my favorite thing happened. The little sister, who I think is probably almost 2 [that could be WAY off] walked over and sat in my lap and started trying to talk to me. She can only really say a few words, but it made me so happy. She likes me! She came and talked to me and nobody told her to. I love it when little kids seem to like me haha. Especially when they are at the age where they don't know it's socially unacceptable to show their dislike for people.

Well, I should probably do some more work now. I'll be honest though, I worked really hard for the first 2 hours that I was here and finished at least 80% of my work for the whole week. So maybe i'll just go to lunch instead.

I'll leave you with this awesome find from Wal-Mart, which I would probably be buying if I didn't like crust...


- Steph

1 comment:

  1. I have ALWAYS wanted to buy one of those dinobytes things, but I've never seen flipperbytes! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete