Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm hoping it has a Pavlov's Dog effect.

VBS went well! It was very busy, but quite fun.

The planning for the other VBS in San Antonio is still in the works. We leave in less than a week, so now is when all of the kids finally start to turn in the things that were due a month ago (much like I always did in high school... sorry past youth ministers). Getting ready for that trip plus Jason being out of town should keep me pretty well occupied. At least in the office.

I visited Ben in Sweetwater this past weekend. I saw a rattlesnake, a horse almost ate my head, visited a giant windmill, heard cows mating (maybe a cat too... not sure), and saw Inception so I feel like the trip was well rounded. Everyone I met was really nice! And I guess seeing Ben was ok too... Joke. It was a wonderful trip, and I was sad to leave (but that's the last time all summer!).


The museum in Merkel, Texas. All of the signs and the museum itself were labeled as "Whoa! Merkel!" and I have no idea why. But I found if funny enough to take a dangerous driving picture of it while I left town.


I don't think anyone but me or Ben would find that picture interesting or funny, but 1) I still think that blogs without pictures are interesting and 2) it was the only picture I took during my visit, and it was definitely a picture worthy visit. I just fail at taking pictures ever. I should work on that!

- Steph

2 comments:

  1. I wish you had gone to this Merkel Museum. We may have to all take a trip there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Abilene. I totally get "Whoa, Merkel". haha It makes me miss home! Isn't it great though. People are so nice in all those tiny ridiculous towns. Also, was it the Rattlesnake Roundup? I really hope it was for your sake! :)

    ReplyDelete