Saturday, May 1, 2010

No, seriously... is this really real life?

The stats final is... done. That's the best I can say about it. The semester is done. Finally. And in an odd way, also very quickly.

Seeing a lot of my good friends graduate this morning/afternoon made it even more real that, this time next year, I will be on of the ones hearing Wes McKinzie announce my name (in possibly the lowest octave in which it will ever be spoken) as a candidate for a baccalaureate degree.

Do I really only get one more month long Christmas break? One more real summer (this might even be the last one)? No more all nighters? Ok, actually that one is amazing.

Then what? Where? How? Ahh... too many decisions. I'm not good with decisions. It takes me 10 minutes to pick out which shampoo I want to buy.

For fear of quoting a Motion City Soundtrack song, the future freaks me out.

 "...(Hey, dummy) do not be worried about your life... look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 
And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing? (Where will I go for graduate school?)...for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own (For instance, how will you successfully unpack then repack everything you just brought to your moms house?)"
- Matthew 6:25-34 (along with some of my own interjections)

Easier said than done, but i'm going to start working on it.

[Before you read that blue part you thought it was going to be song lyrics, didn't you? Just making sure you're paying attention (because people read this blog...? Ha).]

I'm not assuming that this means I shouldn't take proactive steps and plan well for my future, but I should not waste all of this time worrying and stressing about it. That's helping nobody.

I am sorry for being one of those "i'm going to be preachy on my blog" people [then again, this is my blog, I can do what I want]. To counteract that aspect of this long post, here is a funny picture.


annie+.lw.language+arts.jpg
Congratulations, graduates! I can't imagene or dreme all of the things you will acheive.
Also notice that achieve is misspelled next to a properly spelled decoration.

Summer, bring it on.

- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment